Have you tried something at your annual “Run for the Everlasting Cure” that made the day memorable, spirtually rewarding? Any great suggestions of ways to be charitable and help out our brothers and sisters in crisis? This page is for you to pass on your ideas and suggestions to others. Please email any that you have and we will post them here.
Here are a couple to get things started….
- Charge an entry fee to donate to the families in your ecclesia that are in need for things like cancer treatment, transportation costs to treatment centres, housekeeping help, meals out etc.
- Have a teddy bear donation for runners to be donated to a children’s cancer hospital in the area.
- For the price of a “Run for the Everlasting Cure” T-shirt, use the money to pay for a special outing for a family who has a parent or child with cancer.
- On the day of the run, pass the hat for voluntary donations to go towards Sunday School kids with cancer in your ecclesia, or one nearby, to sponsor them for a Bible School of their choice, if they are physically up for it.
- Have CYC kids volunteer to do a rotation of helping by cutting lawns, spring cleaning, helping kids in the family with homework, errand running, home help as needed.
- Volunteer your time to the family in whatever way they need.